Healthy Shasta is a local partnership to promote healthy and active living among north state residents. We joined forces out of concern over increasing rates of childhood obesity and chronic diseases such as type II diabetes.
Vision: A community where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
Our goals include:
- Increase fruit and vegetable consumption in children and adults
- Decrease consumption of sugary beverages by children and adults
- Increase walking and bicycling by children and adults
- Increase fitness and play in children and adults
- Walk the Talk – encouraging environmental, policy, and organizational changes that support healthy, active lifestyles